Saturday, June 16, 2007

Golden moments on the Golden Gate

Ex-flames have a way of coming back into a life which is not entirely your own! Mine is half way across the globe but I still cherish the time I get to spend with her. We decided to go to the Golden Gate. As she parked the car, she shoved some quarters into the parking meter. Now that meter really dictated how much time we would spend on the most awesome bridge in the world...

At the edge of a scenic bay
A parking meter ticks away
Marking the time with ruthlessness
As I walk in step with happiness

The winds that touch me kiss your face.
Caress your hair with gentle grace
A bond so soft. A thought so bold.
It makes me dream. It leaves you cold.

Life zips by on a four lane street
Time stands still as I drag my feet.
Tall skylines on the shore remind
Of a world that’s almost left behind.

The shimmering sea. The verdant hills.
The bridge and the wonder it instills.
The awesome vista begs a view.
But I have eyes only for you.

The shores seem misty miles away.
The sea a distant mass of gray.
The sky an endless void above.
I feel the closeness of my love.

And then the parking meter ends
Its ticking and abruptly sends
Me hurtling back to reality.
A lump in throat and self pity.

How I wish that I could barter
This dream with another quarter.
Slip in the coin and twist it through.
And buy the time to be with you.

No comments: